Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Our Peaceful Place

My sweetie and I are sitting on the patio under our new cover he finished building me a few days back so we could sit outside in the shade and enjoy life around us. There is a breeze slightly blowing the trees in the back pasture while our horse stands sleeping. There's a red bird landing on the barb wire fence as he waits his turn at the bird feeder. The wind blows strands of my hair across my face as I shut my eyes and hear the wind chimes and the peaceful sound they make. Across the patio I see you sitting there sipping  your drink and watching a roping video on your iPhone. This month we have had our share of rain and bad storms so sitting out here under the shade is just what we both needed. It's like time is standing still even thou the world is turning. This will be our peaceful place. I'm sure we will enjoy sitting out here many times in our life and experience many more days just like today. 

As I watch you I think back on the message in church we had from the book of Genius when God made a woman for Adam....

Even before the serpent tempted her I can imagine how the Garden of Eden must have been... Just the right weather, Birds of all kinds singing together with music so breathtaking. The animals must have played and ate green grass with no care or harm to each other. And even Adam and Eve had the perfect grocery store that was open all day and night. They never lived with sin, pain, or heartbreak until the devil came to the garden as a serpent and tempted his first victim...

The birds are still singing behind me in the tree and the breeze is still softly blowing.  My sweetie is looks up and smiles and tells me how much he loves me. Our home truly is our garden of Eden and I thank God he allows us to be the caretakers of it and enjoy living here without the serpent tempting us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment