Friday, April 7, 2023

A Special Birthday

 

Turning 68 this year was truly one I'll never forget. My sister Cindy and brother in law Glenn rented an air B&B in Monterey, Louisiana for March 30 through April 4.  A four bedroom, two bath house which was right on the Black Lake. 

Cindy and Glenn shared this wonderful get away with James and I, our sister Margie and brother in law Scott from Arizona, our nephew Adam and wife Dana from Florida, and our nephew Joseph and wife Rhonda from Tennessee. Talk about a lot of noise... seemed like everyone was talking at the same time when we were all in the house and trust me, it was loud!

Cindy had a pontoon delivered for those wanting to ride on the lake that ran right up to the bank in the back yard.

 On the back porch was a twin size bed swing shadowed by a beautiful flowering plum tree. It seemed to be the gathering spot of everyone.  The others liked sitting and talking at the picnic table and some played a game of Corn Hole. 

I was thrown an amazing birthday party by my sisters with cake, balloons, and lots of presents. Everyone made my birthday a very special day and one I will never forget!

There was no lack of food while there. We split up the first three days between us sisters. First night was a thanksgiving feast provided by Cindy and Glenn. The second night was a Guamanian dinner made by Margie and Scott. And the third day James and I fixed a Mexican meal. So much food and so much leftovers. There was also lots of sweets and lots of snacks so if you didn't get full it was your own fault. After dinner we all played Left/Right/Center and the pot started at three dollars. Glenn won the first night and Cindy won the second night, each thirty dollars. First night had a high stakes game of twenty dollars and the second night a five dollar game. Joseph won a hundred on the twenty stake and James won  twenty five on the other game. 

 Unfortunately, I got sick and had to go home two days early but I went home with some wonderful memories I will always cherish and look forward to many more with my sisters!





No comments:

Post a Comment