Sunday, February 12, 2023

I See you Smiling


As I talked with you today, I see you smiling. "This is a special day, I say." You don't talk back but I still see your smile. 

"Come walk with me, I say. " I can feel you take my hand as we walk into the sleeping meadow and up towards a place you rest. I feel your hand slip out of mine as we stop our walk. 

The cool air blows and the sun peeps through the soft clouds. The birds sing softly, and I stand still, shut my eyes, and begin to sing to you....

🎼Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday my sweet Momma, πŸŽΌHappy Birthday to you". 

With my eyes still closed I can feel your hand slip back in mine again and I see you smile! I sat the flowers down beside you that I brought you and I say a prayer asking God to let me hold your hand a little longer. "I see you smile, I say."

Happy 94th Birthday Momma! I love and miss you every day and will hold your hand in mine one day soon as we walk together for ever.





No comments:

Post a Comment