Friday, September 23, 2022

Sisterhood


I can't remember a time in my whole life that my sisters and I were together laughing so much. Last week will be a memory I think all three of us will cherish forever and I look forward to making a lot more with both my sisters. 
Our sister Margie flew to my house on September 28 for a planned visit to drive to Mississippi and spend time with our sister, Cindy, before she had to fly back home on the 2nd of October .Cindy's birthday is the end of the month in September and Margie and I wanted to give her the gift of sisterhood. 
It's been many years since we last saw each other. We've all aged, have grey hair and wrinkled skin now, and all three of us have health problems. Each of our family's have grown and we all have grandchildren now. Cindy loves the outdoors and gardening. Margie loves to paint. And me, well y'all know I love to write and scrapbook. Cindy loves Asian, Margie loves Tuscan , and I love western. Cindy and Margie will eat just about anything in the vegetable and fruit group and me... those aren't going in my mouth.  
We do have something in common. We all three favor our mother. I bet she was smiling ear to ear in heaven as the three of us laughed, cried, and prayed together. I could clearly see her in my mind as we each prayed. 
I'm not sure how many years we each have left on this earth but what time we have left will be filled with a lot more laughs, some tears, many prayers, and now many more memories made together as sisters.  I'm thankful for the time I had with my two sisters and the new bond of sisterhood.

3 comments:

  1. It was a two days we will always cherish πŸ’•. I am sooo looking forward to mine & Scotts visit, this month, with our brother John and sister-in-law, Marie! It’s been far too long! I love each of you very much, and I thank God this has happened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Margie, for taking time to read my blog but mostly for spending the week with us and going to Cindy's .it was such a blessed visit. I'm sure there will be many more trips for us three sisters! Enjoy yalls visit with John and Susan.

      Delete