Sunday, January 3, 2021

Looking to God in the New Year

 I can hear the rain outside as it hits the tin roof of our house and the steady cold wind blowing. Inside , the house is warm as I get all comfy on the sofa. My mind wonders and thinks about the  past year.  James retired the beginning of the year and then instead of celebrating a new chapter in our life, we found ourselves facing a shutdown of things we once knew. Time stopped , churches and schools closed . Grocery’s and essentials were hard to come by because of shortage and hoarding. Riots flooded the news. Governors shut down the states as hospitals filled with the sick and dying. Politicians kept fighting each other in the middle of all the pandemic and still ended the year with hate.

It’s raining harder now and I can’t help but wish God would just wash all this away with every drop. Wish he would turn back the clock and that this year was just a bad nightmare . But that won’t happen. It’s all part of Gods plan . I can’t dwell on the past year of misery but I can celebrate the outcome of what our  future holds. 

So as I sit and listen to the rain come down , warm and cozy on my couch, I will sit and think about the blessings that came in the middle of such a hard year in 2020.... and I look to God for what he has planned for 2021....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment