Thursday, March 25, 2021

My Eyes have seen God's Beauty

 
I have looked into my mother’s eyes as a child, seen her beauty, her love so strong for me, without saying a single word. I saw the years age her and watched death take her. I saw the swirling colors in marbles as I played outside in the green summer grass with a friend and the realistic look of a blond headed doll given to me from my mothers Aunt. I have seen true love through my husband’s eyes when we first meet and I still see the love in them today. I took photo memories through my eyes as days turned into years. Saw every smile, every tear, every wrinkle. I have seen both our daughters born into this world. Counted their fingers and toes, wiped away their tears and held them in my arms. I held our grandchildren for the first time, each as beautiful and perfect as the other.

I have seen and cried many tears for those that have passed away. Seen Oceans so blue you could see the bottom and mountains so large they seem to touch the ends of the sky. I’ve seen the beauty in the sunset and the sunrise and thanked God for showing me the beautiful colors only he can create in each one. I’ve seen miles and miles of deserts and miles and miles of green farm land. I’ve seen flowers bloom in such beautiful colors, shapes, and sizes. Watched Blue jays, Red Cardinals, Blue Birds, Red headed woodpeckers, and hummingbirds so brivant in color.

I’ve watched thunderstorms as the force of lightning stuck and hail so fierce as it hit the ground. I’ve watched tornados as they ripped up trees as if they were only toothpicks. I have seen Harvest moons so big it looked like you could reach out and touch them, Blue moons that were rare, and stood in awe as I watched Eclipse’s take their time to past.

I have sat speechless and mesmerized in many air planes watching each cloud and hoping to see the Angels watching back.  I have looked into the eyes of our horses and dogs that we raised and saw trust and love for us as care keepers. I've been blessed to see the tree foliage  turn colors in the fall and the bright white snows in the winter.

I’ve seen hate, shame, worry, guilt, fear, and sin in the face and eyes of people and of this world and I have seen love, peace, hope, and strength in others.

They say the soul of a person can be seen through their eyes. There is so much God has shown me through my blue eyes and still so much more to be seen. In two weeks I will be given the gift of another soul’s corona in my left eye and then yet another a few months after that in my right.  I can’t help but think about the two people who died and donated their eyes to give me sight.  I will never know what they saw through their own eyes but I will cherish what we will see together.



No comments:

Post a Comment