Sunday, March 31, 2019

God winds my clock another year

Today I hear another chime sound from my clock as it ticks on to who knows how long before the gears stop, the springs are about to go hay wire, and the numbers are starting to fade away. Life is getting shorter, days blend into years, and time into minutes. Tick tock, tick tock...my clocks chime is dinging today. It chimes on and I count the moments. Half way the gears slow down, the sound is not as loud. Tick Tock, tick tock...62..63...strikes 64 and sticks a bit as I wonder if it will tick on or just stop. But then the hand of God winds my clock so gently and so tenderly, showing more love than any watchmaker.
I hear the clock tick on and listen to the sound...Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock! The sound is loud and strong! The hands move more precise and they move around the clock face. The hands that fixed the clock are giving me another year, another day to get out of bed, to take a breath of life. Another day to share with the love of my life, to hug my kids, and play with my grandchildren. I know my clock will need to be tuned from time to time and won't always sound as strong as it does today, but I know the hand of God will be there to keep it wound when it starts to go down.
 Tick Tock....64....Tick Tock
Happy 64th Birthday to me and may it keep ticking 

2 comments: