Monday, September 23, 2024

Still waiting


The room is full of people coming and going and being ushered in through closed doors as I sit here and wait for my turn. Looking around the room some are on their phones, some sit quietly as if they are about to fall a sleep, others are talking to someone sitting next to them. 

I start to reflect back five years ago when I sat in this same room waiting . Didn’t enter my mind that the news I would receive that day would change things. 

Mrs. Hall, they say as they stand at the door. I follow the person down a hall and into a small room. A few questions and then things are being attached to me .  They are cold, just like this small room. 

Now I’m in here alone and I wait again. 

Life is always about waiting. We wait for a loved one to visit. We wait for dinner time , we wait for the mailman. We wait for the laundry to finish . We wait at red lights wanting them to hurry and turn green. We wait in long lines when we shop. I could go on and on about when we wait but there is one I don’t mind waiting for. That’s the day the lord takes me home and I’ll wait no longer. 

Today might be that day or tomorrow , or before the door in this small room opens again. 

For now I’ll just sit here and wait and think about those people in the other room that are still waiting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment