Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Five miles down the road part 1


For forty six years, I have lived in the same house on the same country road. I travel this road almost daily. Neighboring  family's have come and gone, more houses have been built, and traffic has increased. Yes, there are lots of pot holes and the roads have gone unattended with each year that passes, but these country roads have took me home each time I'm away.
Traveling the road home today, I thought about the excitement of our moving day that I just wanted to share. We will be moving five miles down the road. 

Its a small piece of land, surrounded by new neighbors, which I won't mind at all. Its quite and more peaceful then where I'm living now. A great place where deer can come graze and the birds can be heard singing. I know I'll like it there. Its just dirt now, but we have already  marked the best spot for our new home and already have the deed in hand. Still not sure on the moving date but I'll be ready and so will He.
Its only five miles down the road.   
  
I guess the kids will want to sell the old house we live in now, it really doesn't matter, its something we won't need. They might want to keep it, plant trees on it, or rent it, who knows. 
We really don't mind cause we have a new place just five miles down the road.

 I hope they come to visit, and bring the grandchildren too. It won't cost that much more in gas and after all, its only five more miles. We may need help from time to time, to pull the weeds or  even clean the stone were putting up at our new place. I hope they will help do that from time to time , because their parents will be busy in their new home. Lots to do, lots to see.  We will find lots of time together to just lay in the cool grass as the wind blows across us and the birds sing to us. I cant wait to move to our new home.
Its only five miles down the road...



No comments:

Post a Comment