Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Cookout on The Broke 4



What a wonderful Sunday spent with some amazing ladies from my Swim Aerobics class, here on "The Broke 4" home place. My Cowboy cooked lunch for fifteen women out on the fire pit using his Chuck wagon cooking skills. There is something about cooking out on an open pit, watching My Cowboy rotate the coals on the Dutch ovens and the smell of oak wood burning in the air that makes you feel like you stepped back in time a bit.  The ladies were treated to a Cowboy Stew and Chili, along with all the fixens , plus buttermilk cornbread and peach cobbler. They were fascinated with the Dutch Ovens and how many coals it takes to cook like an oven.
 

We then gathered in "The Bunk House" for our meal and fellowship. Some had never visited our Bunk House and were impressed with the Old Western Era that was inside.




 
I am so blessed to know all of these ladies and call them my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment