Thursday, September 5, 2013

Reflections from a Mothers Heart

I know it wasn't easy to write your thoughts and memories down that last year. I cherish every word as you answered the questions in this Diary. Some are hard to read through the tears and others have me laughing or smiling.
There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of you.
Sitting on the bed beside you, fifteen years ago tonight, you stopped and stared at the bedroom door and gently said, " hello". When I asked who you were talking to, you clearly answered, "My Mother". I will never forget that and will always believe that God sent Granny to lead you home. You passed away right after midnight with your daughters, Betty and Margie; your Twin sister, Zanie; and husband, Fred, all at your bedside. It still feels like only minutes have passed and not years.
One day, Mamma, I hope you will come walk home with me.
These are just a glimpse of the pages (click on image to enlarge) and her memories...


Zadie Thomas, Harrigill was  born February 12, 1929 In Redlick, Mississippi and went to be with the Lord on September 6, 1998 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Her parents were Vida Louvenia Smith and Louie Jackson Thomas. She was the twin sister to Zanie Thomas, Anderson;  two other sisters and two brothers. She was the wife of Freddie Leroy Harrigill, the mother of five children, grandmother of sixteen, and great grandmother of eleven. 
Labor Day weekend will always mark the day my heart broke in a thousand pieces as I’m sure it is the same way for my sister and brother. Our mother passed away fifteen years ago. She suffered from Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF). Her twin sister also passed away from this same disease, March 20, 2010.
Mother was a wonderful mother and a Christian woman who loved God and her family. She would give you the shirt off her back if you asked her. She loved to work crossword puzzles, play the harmonica, sing, and play cards.
She was always a beautiful woman! She was tanned in complexion and had Red hair. When we were kids she wore her hair long and I can remember brushing her hair as she sang to me.
I have a heart full of memory's of Mom! I still find myself wanting to call and tell her something. It doesn't feel like years have passed. It feels like it was minutes ago.
I will see her again one day, I have no doubt! She is in the house of God awaiting the reunion of her family. She isn't in pain, nor suffering for a breath of air! I picture her hand in hand with her twin; singing, laughing, and having a grand time……I miss you everyday, Mom and send you all my Love!

1 comment: