Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Spinning in the wind

I love windmills! There is something peaceful watching them spin in the wind. We have visited West Texas so many times and I can never get enough of seeing them out in the middle of no where, broken, deserted, but always standing there as if to tell a story. The next time you see a windmill off in no where as you travel, stop and watch its beauty. Perhaps you will hear the story speaking in the wind, telling you how it got there many years ago. Was it a settler and his homestead? Was it a working ranch or farm? Why is it still standing hundreds of miles from towns? I can only imagine....
If you love Windmills you have to visit Lubbock Texas Windmill Museum. Its worth the stop to learn and see how many different Windmills there have been. These are just a few of the photos I have taken on our trips. I hope you enjoy them.
 











1 comment:

  1. Those are absolutely beautiful photographs! Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete