Sunday, June 19, 2011

Remember the water sprinkler

  Remember when you were a child and you played in the water sprinkler?  That water was cold and so refreshing.  I love the sound of the laughter from our granddaughter as she waits the anticipation of the next rotation of the water splashing her in the face. Running back and forth through the water as it falls and the sun shining right through it making  a colorful rainbow.
 Are you watching, Nana, she yells out and then runs over to me and asks me to get wet too. Just a little bit she says. I take a few pictures and hope the water wont spray my way...too late, I jump back as it sprays me in the face as I dash away from the drops. The granddaughter laughs and stands in the water.
 Remember when you were a child and you didn't care that the sprinkler would mess up your hair or the water was so cold? The sounds of the laughter brings it all back. I'm so glad that the water sprinkler is not a thing of the past and someday our little granddaughter will think back to those days she played in the water sprinkler.





2 comments:

  1. This is so sweet. I had a "water hose" moment with my grandson last month when he tried to get me with the hose after playing in the water for a short time. I will alway charish that moment. I too got it on video. I really love your short stories. Thanks for sharing.
    Lv,
    Sis
    http://2retirednewman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any thing to get wet when it is so Hot outside. She looks like she is haveing fun! My grand kids are calling for me to come pick them up so they can go swimming and of course when I can I will go get them... Great Story! Love

    ReplyDelete