Monday, April 25, 2011

The wings beneath my Feet

The morning is so humid, like thick pea soup. I start out on my daily walk / jog combination. The birds are singing. I can hear the Doves cooing to each other, a whip-O-will in the distance, the crows in the trees, and the mocking birds talking to each other.
 I start the walk, up one hill, down the next. Jog a stretch while theres no cars coming, trying to breath as I run. Walk another section on the way, add some more jogging...pass the barking dog that thinks hes mean until I run towards him and he dashes back on his porch. Chicken!
I top the last hill towards home, ease into a jog the rest of the way home. I see the house approaching, still hearing the doves cooing so softly. I see the mailbox, the driveway, pace is still good. I'm home! Wow! I cant help but be thankful that God is the wings beneath my feet. He takes this walk with me everyday. He protects me from danger and the harsh elements. I cant do this without him and I'm so grateful he pushes me out the door everyday and gives me the strength to keep trying. It was the music I heard from the birds that was Gods voice. It was the wind blowing in the trees that was Gods breath. And it was the hand of God that pushed me up the hills and down the next. It was his wings beneath my feet.

3 comments:

  1. I felt like I was running with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great song! That was my song to you at mine & paul's wedding!!! You are & will always be my HERO!!! I love you & thank God for his loving push he gives you everyday! I hope that one day I can be half the person that you are! SH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty, you truly have a way of describing something so beautiful. As Spunkysuzie said I felt like I was right there with you.

    What a wonderful way of spending time with God. You are Blessed.

    Thanks for taking me on your walk/run.

    God Bless,
    Tspidor

    ReplyDelete