Monday, November 1, 2010

Maybe I just need a new bra size

Ok, here’s what’s happening. I have been having a lot of pain that is sharp and hurts to touch, going on about eight or so months. When I called my doctors office to get a mammogram, a couple weeks ago, I was sent to the Shreveport Breast center. I posted about the run around and how upset I got that day because I was told I needed to have a dynastic exam instead. Well, I was scheduled for Wednesday but the office of the doctor who I was to see, called and cancelled my appointment because they didn’t have the x-rays back from the week before and they needed all my old ones from years past. They gave me an appointment for yesterday instead. I’m almost to Shreveport from where I live in Minden, when I get a call from the doctor’s office again. This time the nurse says that Dr. Schwalke wants me to go to the dynastic area at the breast center instead. He needs some more views. I ask why and am told that he just wants to see more views on that left breast. They rescheduled me to see the doctor this Thursday. By then he will have these new views also. Ok then. I head over to the breast center and the tech was so sweet. I pulled one over on her by playing I knew why the doctor ordered more views. I knew she couldn’t tell me anything of what she’s sees on those pictures, so this was my way of getting some information.
Do you see that spot he’s talking about, I ask? Yes, its small, let me take two more views. Painfully, I accept the new smashing and pinching. Turn this way, hold it….let me look at that one, so you can breath, but don’t move. I ask her if the spot the doctor sent me over there is seen behind the nipple. She voluntarily says yes, but somewhat deeper. You can get dressed now, she says. I ask her if I can see the five views she just took. Am I looking for a white area, or black area? She says white and points to the area in question. I see it and ask her if she thinks it’s a sis or lump? I think she may have caught on that I was fishing for her knowledge of what she was seeing so she tells me the doctor will most likely either want to watch it to see if it gets bigger or he will want to do a biopsy. I hold back the urge to cry so she won’t know how upsetting this all sounds. As I get dressed, my mind is going crazy…How do I wait a week to see a breast surgeon, who may or may not give me good news? The Shreveport Breast Center is supposed to be the best there is in the state of Louisiana. I trust that! I trust the doctor, even thou I haven’t meant him as of yet. I goggled him…

My doctor is a published author and researcher who has provided breast care in the Shreveport area for more than two decades. I trust that the tech got the extra views he needs. I trust that God will help me get through the next week without worrying every second and that it will be ok! I don’t trust cancer! Its sneaky, selfish, undetecting until the last minute without warning, and disrupting in so many lives. I don’t know what this will be, heck; it might be I need a new bra size…lol! Maybe I need to stop sleeping on my stomach and smashing those babies….Maybe they were handled a little too must in my youth and hang way to low in my old age…lol! Maybe a bug bit me, or ….maybe…..I dont want to know....

HOW TO PREPARE FOR A MAMMOGRAM--

Many women are afraid of their first mammogram, and even if they have had them before, there is fear. But there is no need to worry. By taking a few minutes each day for a week preceding the exam and doing the following practice exercises, you will be totally prepared for the test, and best of all, you can do these simple practice exercises right in your home.
EXERCISE 1: Open your refrigerator door, and insert one breast between the door and the main box. Have one of your strongest friends slam the door shut as hard as possible and lean on the door for good measure Hold that position for five seconds. Repeat in case the first time wasn't effective.
EXERCISE 2: Visit your garage at 3 a.m. when the temperature of the cement floor is just perfect. Take off all your clothes and lie comfortably on the floor sideways with one breast wedged under the rear tire of the car. Ask a friend to slowly back the car up until your breast is sufficiently flattened and chilled. Switch sides, and repeat for the other breast.
EXERCISE 3: Freeze two metal bookends overnight. Strip to the waist. Invite a stranger into the room. Have the stranger press the bookends against either side of one of your breasts and smash the bookends together as hard as he/she can. Set an appointment with the stranger to meet next year to do it again. You are now properly prepared!


6 comments:

  1. Betty pray all will be OK! I did have a spot on one of mine and had it removed years ago..But anyway this stuff is so FUNNY!!I wished cancer was a funny thing but it is so serious as you know! Keep making the funnies we have to laugh so we don't cry..If they could just find the cure! Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sending you lots of good vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHALOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOHAHAHAHAHALOLOLOLOLO!!!!! I can't stop laughing. Betty, you are sooooooo funny! These exercise are truly like it is...hahahahah....now I am crying....
    lv ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am praying for you!! This has to be a very scary moment for you. I love you sis & I know you will be OK.

    I think it is an alien from another world. Call me as soon as you talk to your Dr.!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hoping and praying for all to be fine !
    SHOULD i call u befor or after the high ?
    db

    ReplyDelete