Friday, November 23, 2018

I can only imagine


One day the heavens will open up, the thunderous sound of the trumpets will blow and a white horse will ride out of the clouds.  Every eye will see and not look away. The Masters voice will speak and the Angels will sing in such a sound that all ears will hear. Everyone, those that walk the earth and those that lie in the grave, will rise and extend to the heavens to gather in the presence of judgement.     
I can only imagine…

I will look in the eyes of such love and piece.  He will tell me how he forgave me for all my faults and sins and hear the softness in his voice when he ask me how I served him. Did I feed the hungry? Did I clothe the homeless? Did I lash out in anger or take his name in vain? Did I witness to the lost? Did I serve in the church? Many questions that he already knew the answers to . I was washed by his blood for all my sins the minute I asked many years ago. I served from my heart and loved him all my life but as he asked me these simple questions, the shame I felt for not doing more. "I love you, my child, and never stopped." I forgave you then and forgive you now.   
I can only imagine...

As I walk through the gates of paradise and step my first step in, I see the faces of the Angels. It is instantly and I know as my eyes see for the first time. There stands my mother and others that were waiting for me. My grand parents , uncles, aunts, cousins, friends, and so many more. I see no lame, no pain, no hurt, nor sorrow. Only love that glows from every face. I see the birds and hear them join in the songs . The brightness is overwhelming and the colors are vivid, like nothing I have ever seen.The lion and the sheep lie side by side and thousands of animals walk with the Angels hand in hand. The trees and flowers bloom without any flaw and the sky is more breathtaking than any sunrise.   
I can only imagine...

I will dwell in my fathers house and walk the streets of gold. I don't have to imagine it because he told me so...

No comments:

Post a Comment