Tuesday, June 12, 2018

The Fear is there again


In 2010 I had one of those mammys that went like a slow motion picture. Then that followed with the biopsy performed on the Frankenstein table . Then, the surgery that followed, where a mass was removed because of unknow cells.  The not knowing is the hardest to exsperence after the surgery....and then, the phone call. I will never forget that . That movie played over and over in my mind for so long. Three years of having to go to an Oncologist followed and as that movie and the fear was just starting to fade, my sister faced the experience of the Frankenstein laboratory , the biopsy, the surgery, the waiting...But it was too far gone. She had to endure more, so much more! She had stage one cancer and that followed with a double mastectomy. She is doing very well, a four year survivor now.
Cancer, tumors, a Mass... all are every women's  worse fear. A few months ago, I started notching the fear was creeping back. The same area I had surgery on, the pain I was having, was creeping back after eight years. I had my doctor check me out, who she then sent me to see a Doctor at the Breast Cancer Center, which she then scheduled me with a 3D mammogram instead of the 2D. I will be having that tomorrow at 10:30.... And then the waiting will start. The fear is there, I wont lie. The unknow. I do know that the percent that its cancer is slim, because most of the time there is no pain with breast cancer. But that still makes me uncertain because of the unknown.
By the time most of you read this or stumble onto my blog, I will have this part behind me, perhaps even the waiting will be over with... 

What is 3D mammography?


Digital breast tomosynthesis (tomo), also known as 3D mammography, is a revolutionary new screening and diagnostic breast imaging tool to improve the early detection of breast cancer. During the 3D part of the exam, an x-ray arm sweeps over the breast, taking multiple images in seconds. Images are displayed as a series of thin slices that can be viewed by our radiologists as individual images or in a dynamic interactive animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment