Tuesday, April 11, 2017

In Sickness and in Health


Three weeks ago my husband was bucked off a horse that we had driven to Texas to try out before buying. I can still see it in slow motion in my mind, as he hit the arena ground. I don't know how I made it to his side so fast over the fence but I'm sure it was the fright that gave me speed to do so. Time just seemed to stop as my husband finally got his breath and was able to stand. Needless to say, that four year old horse was not to be bought or what we were looking for. He was hurting, bruised, and not clear that he may have broken something. After returning home he saw our Doctor and was given medication to help with pain and any inflammation. Didn't seem enough and so he had a 3D x-ray to make sure the pins in his shoulder, from a past surgery, were still intake and not broken. The black and blue bruising was worse by then and so was the soreness. He cant have a MRI done to check for any torn muscles because of the metal pins in his shoulder and an MRI is magnetic.
My Spouse  and I have been through many illness's and surgeries throughout our 43 years of marriage, some were life and death and others were as common as a cold. Each time we have helped each other get through it by taking care of each other. That's what were suppose to do, no matter what it is.
Remember that sacred vow we made to each other....I, Betty, take you James, to be my lawfully husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do we part.
Were both older now, some what slower in moving, and more concerned of our heath. Were always teasing the other, saying, I'll go before you, knowing in our hearts that neither of us want to experience the pain and loneness that day will be like. I married my best friend, the partner God planned for me before we were both born, He is a Godly Christian man, a good man, He is the father to our children and a loving , gentle grandfather. Seeing him in any situation that puts him in pain or disables him in any way tares at my heart. If I could take his place , I would. I thank God everyday for this man and I pray for his healing and his health. Gods always in control and God is the great physician. I truly believe this.
My husband will heal in time and be back to his normal self, Back to roping, back to looking for a new horse to buy, back to not hurting. But I will always be here to hold his hand, nurse his wounds, and be by his side in sickness and in health.


2 comments:

  1. I am so glad your husband is okay. I will pray his recovery will be speedy.

    I have a loving husband whose had to deal with my some of myr illnesses in less than 4 years of marriage. I am positive that your husband appreciates you as much as I do mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always so sweet! Thank you for those kind words and prayers. You too will be in mine and that God will heal you and take care of you. I hope you and your Spouse have a Blessed Easter.

      Delete