Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I almost forgot how good it feels


I almost forgot how good it feels to run with my morning walks. I hadn't done that in so long ! I love the energy you get when  your running and that feeling that I accomplished a goal. Remember that first 5K and coming to the finish line and when you crossed over, you couldn't help but get emotional?  That feeling always comes over me when I cross over my finish line, my driveway!
I also forgot how loud the birds sing at 6:30 inn the morning. There are Mocking Birds, Doves, Crows, Bluebirds, Robins, and an occasional BobWhite. They all sound like a music number that they are practicing for. I love knowing that God is the Maestro of their concert.
I also forgot how peeling off the winter layers of heavy clothes...the insulated underwear, the long sleeves and long pants, the coats and gloves...how just being able to get back to shorts and a t-shirt can make a lot of difference in your pace no matter if your walking or running.
I almost forgot how good it feels in the Spring time to see the green grass, the flowers blooming, and the sent of honey suckle in the air....
I almost forgot , until today!

6 comments:

  1. I have never been a runner, I swim instead. I do know that feeling after a good long swim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a wonderful way of putting things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! I was able to hit the great outdoors yesterday for a run....then woke to snow! I'm sure the birds are just as confused as I am!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color of Green is so beautiful. And the color of all the flowers popping out is just so beautiful. We have little baby bunnies in our shrubes and Sassy just looks at them, she don't mess with them I think she knows they are just babies. Love your blogs!RH

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spring is my favorite time of year. In Arizona, it is usually perfect with the weather at 79 - 89 degrees. I am dreading the hot summer weather soon to come (112-115 degrees!). It could get hotter than that too. My vincas are looking so colorful & full right now. Love your post.
    hugs
    Marje

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a morning walk in spring time. Thanks for sharing your fabulous excursion with us. My sister lives in Arizona too Marje, I love to visit her there in Gilbert, all year around! Last year we were there in June and it hit 118 degrees. I loved every minute. We took walks in the evening there and it was still hot!

    Anyway, ladies, Happy Easter and a glorious spring! God Bless, Jana

    ReplyDelete