Monday, October 24, 2011

I love Vacations and Surprises

I love Vacations! Heck, I just love traveling all together! James and I just returned home after running the Texas roads and Highways. We have traveled Texas many times but usually tour the Panhandle. This time we went the opposite direction. We first meet up in a sweet little town called Hutto ,where we meet up with CJ and Tom. I met her on NutriMirror and she and her family will be traveling in November to be our next guests in The Bunk House.
 We then traveled to Austin, where we stayed the night with Tony and Susan, our nephew and wife. We had a really nice visit and they treated us to a really nice dinner at Chuy's ,where we were joined by Jeff,  Sheridan, and Elliot.
From there we visited RoundRock, Texas and Georgetown, Texas. There we toured the Inner Space Caverns. Very beautiful!

 Wednesday, we traveled on to Denton Texas to shop and tour Western Heritage Gallery and Antiques and then on to Decatur, Texas, to shop at where else...National Ropers Supply.
   Wednesday evening through Sunday morning we went to our yearly trip at the Fort Worth Stockyards. We love that gathering and  have attended many years.
Ft Worth, Texas       October 22-24, 2011
The Red Steagall Cowboy Gathering and Western Swing Festival
This small little button gets you through a weekend of fun which includes  the Cowboy Trappings & Trade Show, Cowboy poetry,  team Roping, Craig Cameron horse lesson, Fiddler competition, and Rodeo. That's not counting all the shopping and eating you can do. We have been to this event ten times throughout the years. A Cowboy Gathering is a whole different world!  Its like stepping back in the cowboy era. We love it. We shared this part of our vacation with friends from Minden who meet up with us on Thursday.
 

We ended our trip visiting with old friends, Margaret and Rocky from Crandall, Texas and Sherry , Mark and Shannon from Combine. We had a lot of fun, but its always good to be home....Wow, I need another vacation to rest up now....
I also love Surprises!

Wow!  While on vacation,  my daughters tinted the windows on my Mazda Miata. That was so sweet and it looks so good.  I was  also honored with a Versatile Blog Award from Mels Cabin...
  And a Give away win from Gabby, over at The Late Young Family. She gave away goodies from Tastykake, and I WON!
Thank you Ladies! I am very honored! I love Vacations, and Surprises...

5 comments:

  1. 2retirednewmans said: Lucky! CONGRATULATIONS! I never get those great surprises. You deserve it sis. lv. ya on I love Surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you both had a Great time. I know hubby was in hog-heaven. I like the pictures you posted. Eventhough you are home now I bet you are wishing you could still be on vacation. lv ya.
    2retirednewmans

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I don't get jealous very often over things but I love to travel and this sounded like so much fun!!I am Glad that you both had a lot of fun!!!Those caves looked Beautiful! And I love to eat at different Mexican
    restaurants.Oh ok I am just jealous over your trip!ha haAt least I can see pictures.. That was Sweet of my two Nieces to fix your car up.Love RH

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad that you had an awesome time & made it home safely.

    tspindor

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy that you're happy about the Tastykake surprise! Love all the pictures and stories from your trip! Looks like y'all had a great time.

    Gabby
    The...Late, Young Family

    ReplyDelete