Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Special little gardener

My Flower beds were getting sort of neglected and had no color from the cold winter months. With spade in hand and help from a special little gardener, we dug up Junipers and old forgotten bulbs that never bloomed through the years. I think I planted them upside down and the people in China were enjoying the beauty I never got to see.
 As my little helper picked up pine cones and managed the rake, I preceded to trim the overgrown azaleas and  hedges that were taken over the front of my house like they wanted to imprison the windows and the front walk.
 The roots from the Junipers really were the hardest to dig up. I think they were attached to those flowers on the other side of the world as well....I will never plant any of those again since they seem to chock out anything you plant and want all the attention.
 We added several bags of Miracle grow garden soil to the thirsty old soil that was now about the only thing we had left in the flower beds after all that cleaning out. They did look pretty bare but they looked better already just from the manicure we did. Lets take a break I suggested to my helper who never complained once from all the heat and hard labor.
 After we rested a spell we planted Deep red dwarf agzaleas under the kitchen window where we had removed the overgrown Red tips. My little helper dug a nice size hole where we planted a pink Knock Out Rose near a rusty old steer sculpture.







 She helped me plant yellow Lantana, Coopers Ice Plant, and Blue Spruce Sedum as ground coverage. We also planted bright yellow Stella de Oro Daylilys, Mexican Heather, and GerberDaisys.
 When we were all done, I took my little helpers hand, and we stepped back to take a look at the finished results. The plants are small right now but will soon grow in their new homes and bloom into a colorful rainbow of colors across the front lawn. I looked down at my help and told her what a great job she did and as she gave me one Hugh bear hug my heart was filled with the love I will cherish forever from my little gardener and the lasting memories we planted today. Even if next years old man winter takes away all my plants, he cant get those roots.

 
 

4 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 26, 2011

    She is such a cute gardener!!She planted memories. Love RH

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 26, 2011

    You and your helper have done an awesome job with you garden. Love the flowers great choice.

    T.Spindor

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to have a beautiful garden this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousMay 30, 2011

    looks like she had fun
    db

    ReplyDelete