Sunday, November 15, 2009

My little Fairy and the Pumpkin Spice cupcakes

As I sit here enjoying the quietness in the house as my granddaughter takes her nap, I am reflecting on the morning she and I have had. She arrived at my door at 8:30 this morning in a black tutu, pink and orange fairy wings, and a pink fairy wand. So cute and very different than the girl pirate she was yesterday for nursery school. I had a Halloween bag of small packaged peanut butter mini crackers (90 cal), and sponge bob gummy crab snacks (4 for 140 cal), a doll with 6 Halloween costume changes, stickers, and scary eyes.

After playing an hour and scaring me and her Papa many times over, I told her after breakfast she and I would bake cupcakes and her little face lite up. She helped me make the Pumpkin spice cupcakes (1 dry Duncan Spice cake mix, 1 can Libby’s Pure Pumpkin, and ½ c boiling H20. While they baked I entered the recipe in the log for my recipes. They added up to be 55 cal for 1 cupcake.)

Of course Nana had a small surprise for her….her favorite color……PINK icing and ghost’s sprinkles! She had so much fun decorating half of the cupcakes and I had the joy of watching and sharing how happy she was!

My house smells so good like a fresh pumpkin pie coming straight out of the oven. My husband and I had one each of the undecorated cupcakes and savored every bite! So, so, good! The log showing really nice for my vitamin A .Makes me smile as I think about Kel’s post on her pumpkin oatmeal this morning……my next adventure to try!

Oh, gotta go, the little fairy is waking up from her magic sleep….Shhhh, be quite!

No comments:

Post a Comment